Women Veteran Professional NetWork
Saturday, July 26, 2014
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Join us for Women Veteran Professional NetWork, a Bay Area workshop designed to engage women veterans with career advancement opportunities and to create connections among women veteran professionals. This is one of three California workshops to be organized by Swords to Plowshares.
If you are:
- A woman who has served in the U.S. military, either active duty, National Guard or Reserves
- Seeking employment, wish to advance your career, or would like to network with other women veterans.
This workshop is for you!
Workshop activities will include:
- Profiles of the Veteran Professional
- Career assessments and mentoring in tailoring military skills to the civilian job, resume building and interview skills, and career advancement opportunities
- A panel of bay area employers to speak about career opportunities, hiring practices, and supporting veterans in the workplace
- Financial Literacy workshop
- Utilizing social media in your professional life
- Network luncheon and opportunities during the workshop to create a professional network of women veterans and peer mentorships
$75 stipends to cover transportation, childcare, and participation costs will be given to participants at the end of the workshop. DD214, military ID, or VA card must be presented as verification.
Date still tentative. Please check back soon for more information regarding this important event.
Gender Partnership: The Economic Imperative for the 21st Century
March 18, 2014
On March 18, the second event of the 21st Century Workplace Series, Gender Partnership: The Economic Imperative for the 21st Century, will bring together CEOs to discuss implementing a gender equality culture, from the top down. Gender Partnership is cosponsored by the Bay Area Council and GenderAllies in partnership with the SF Department on the Status of Women.
Honoring Progress: The 2013 Gender Equality Practices
January 30, 2014
Honoring Progress: The 2013 Gender Equality Practices was the first event in the 21st Century Workplace Series. This forum brought together more than 100 leaders in business, government, and academia for an in-depth conversation around the implementation (and direction) of gender-responsive workplace policies.
What the Family Friendly Workplace Ordinance Means for Your Business
November 13, 2013
On November 13, the San Francisco Department on the Status of Women co-hosted an educational forum for members of the San Francisco business community to learn about what the Family Friendly Workplace Ordinance (FFWO) will mean for them and their businesses.
Cultivating the “It” Factor: How to Put Sponsorship to Work for Women
August 8, 2013
On August 8, 2013, the Gender Equality Principles Initiative and McKesson Corporation hosted a roundtable on executive presence and sponsorship.
Trafficking, Supply Chains, & Gender Roundtable
May 21, 2013
On Tuesday, May 21, 2013, the Department on the Status of Women hosted a roundtable regarding trafficking, supply chains, and gender and their connection to California’s 2010 anti-human trafficking law.